CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

scattered thoughts

Yesterday when we came home from a couple days in Logan, I found a cup half full of a blue pastey substance. Trying to figure out what it was, I noticed the almost empty can of Gatorade powder sitting close by. Tyler had found a cup half full of water and tried to make himself some Gatorade like Trever and I do. Apparently he had tasted it because the substance had dried in a line leading to the lip of the cup. I love finding signs of Tyler's existence around our home.

It is now 11 days to race day. Hmmm. I'm not as physically prepared as I had hoped I would be. But, I learned a valuable lesson in the process of training. My main even is the Top of Utah Half in August. So, this the Ogden half marathon will serve as a bench mark and sort of beginning of training for the "big race" in August.

Last week we went on vacation to Moab. Each day or time away from work being with Tyler and Trever I am brought back down to earth and remember the importance of my family. And I am reminded of the blessings I have being associated with both of them.

Trever has been applying and interviewing for a few jobs in the area. He is such a dedicated and focused individual. I'm daily inspired and edified by him.

For Christmas, my Mom gave me a book about finding my strengths. While we were in Moab, I read as far as I could before taking an online quiz to discover my top 5 strengths. It was very rewarding to discover my strengths and to realize how much damage focusing on my weaknesses has done to Me. I am looking forward to "taking action" to maximize my strengths. I have learned a person has so much to offer the world (okay, or those around them) simply by focusing there energies on the aspects of life they are good at.

This weekend as Trever and I spent some time with our parents, our eyes were opened to how incredible each of our parents is. We realized we don't give them the credit and respect they truly deserve and therefore crave. I am filled with a deep desire to let them know of their worth.

0 comments: