CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

"Journal Entry: March 3rd, 2008"

So I haven't done much blogging in quite awhile. I check my email every morning before I run, but that's pretty much the extent of my computer time.

Things here are going well and happy for our little family. Tyler had had strep 3 times and had 2 other illnesses since Christmas, so he is getting his tonsils out tomorrow in an effort to end the sickness. Every time he gets sick, Trev or I get it, too. So, hopefully! this will take care of or at least lessen the illnesses.

Trever is enjoying work at Weber and researching for his thesis. I love watching him thrive on learning and the things he is involved in. He's the most intensely focused person I've ever met and witnessed at work. I'm truly amazed by his zeal!!

And I'm still working at Flying J. But, I am truly treasuring motherhood more and more each day. Not having another child at this time in my life is making me much more grateful and careful about being Tyler's Mom right Now. It is easier for me to come home from a day of work and be his Mom because I just love him so much. I have discovered the 2 keys to my happiness (which equals my family's happiness, too!:)) in the past couple months: 1-daily scripture reading and sincere, listening prayer have helped me s-l-o-w down and think about things. I make better decisions (and actually make decisions), am able to think more clearly and am able to think about my family more than myself. Trever gave me a blessing about a month ago because I just couldn't "do everything" anymore. In the blessing I was told to take time for Prayer and to listen in my prayers. This has been key in my change and "ability" to handle it all. The 2nd key to my personal happiness has been running every morning. (I love my treadmill and am sooo glad I don't have to go somewhere or go outside to run!!) That's "my time". I'm finally able to handle interruptions now, too, which is because I have been more at peace and relaxed in my life/mind. Though I am training for a couple half marathons, running has truly become a deep part of Me. It's taught me about taking care of ME so I have energy and desire to take care of my precious family.

I hope all is well for you who read this. :)

Love,
Katy

0 comments: